Mitsubishi Fun Fact - Tammy Roach
5 Fun Facts About the Mitsubishi Brand from Charlottetown Mitsubishi
As the go-to source for all things Mitsubishi in the Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island area, we know a thing or two about Japan's finest automaker. At Charlottetown Mitsubishi, we make it our business to get our customers acquainted with the Mitsubishi brand, and we're excited to provide you with the following fun facts before you make your way to our dealership to meet our new inventory.
- Mitsubishi's automotive efforts began over a century ago in Japan. The Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Co. designed the Model A - Japan's first series-production vehicle - in 1917 as a luxury car for high-ranking officials. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Mitsubishi's instantly recognizable logo initially belonged to the shipping company that birthed the Japanese automaker. The patented three-diamond design was inspired by the shape of a water chestnut.
- With vehicles sold in over 160 countries, Mitsubishi has long been one of the most successful and beloved automotive brands in the world.
- In 1990, Mitsubishi became the first automaker to design a traction control system. This revolutionary technology quickly set a trend, and traction control functions are now a standard feature in many a modern vehicle.
- Five years after the company introduced its traction control innovation, Mitsubishi took the industry by storm yet again by designing a Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) engine that offered more efficient combustion than its predecessors. Competitors soon followed suit and the GDI motor set an industry-wide standard.
Over 100 years after Mitsubishi made its automotive debut, the brand is still making great efforts to set new standards in modern automation. Have a look at the following video from our dealer for a glimpse at how the legendary automaker is working to provide drivers with an optimal on-road experience, and if you'd like to get properly acquainted with any of our compelling models, feel free to contact us today.